09/2006 – Present Hong Kong University of
Science and Technology, Hong Kong
Master of Business Administration (expected January 2008)
MBA Association, Head of Career Club – Operations Management
09/2000 – 06, 2002
MSc. in Electrical Engineering, area of specialization: Biomedical Engineering
10/1996 – 06/2000
Electrical Engineering Studies
10/1996 – 06/2000
Exchange Program, Merit-based full scholarship from the Austrian Academic Service
5-week intensive course on international business relations, Chinese law, doing business in
09/1991 – 06/1996 Technical
High School for Electrical Engineering, Austria
Special focus on high voltage technology and power electronics. Graduated with honors.
10/2005 – 04/2006 Sieper
Market leader and
• Unified the companywide (production bases in Germany, Poland, and China) quality assurance procedures with the aim to increase quality standards and reduce failure costs.
• Conception and installation of an improved
quality control in
• Improved the project management for new product developments to ease communication and reduce response time.
05/2004 – 09/2005 REHAU AG + Co.,
A leading manufacturer in providing polymer-based solutions for construction and automotive industry with 42 plants and about 14.000 employees worldwide
Production Management Assistant – Injection Molding
• Supervised the production of polymer bumper systems for Audi, BMW, DaimlerChrysler and Volkswagen. (Responsible for a monthly production volume of about 100 tons).
• Management of a production team of 80 people and monthly reporting to the Head of Business Unit Automotive on the production team’s target and actual production volume, short and long-term capacity planning and headcount. Provided technical instruction/guidance to production staff.
• Supported the financial department on its monthly reporting procedures to the BU Automotive.
• Identified incorrect procedures in the company’s material management system and initiated changes (Individual time savings for 15 supply managers about 18 hours / month)
• Successfully coordinated and organized production starts for DaimlerChrysler and Volkswagen, including implementation of new operation processes, articles, machines and tools with a total investment of about 2 million Euro each.
• Applied technical optimization and significant improvement of process stability and quality assurance (exceeded yearly cost saving target of 300.000 Euro by 70%).
12/2002 – 02/2004
Intern for 14 months as a part of the Austrian Social Service Program
· Museum docent (2 hour guided tours in English and German)
· Representation at Ford, local high-schools and community colleges
· Interviews with Holocaust survivors in
10/2001 – 02/2004 Austrian Holocaust Memorial
· Installation of a new Social Service cooperation in
· Translation (German/Chinese)
Programming Assembler, C++, SQL, HTML, Java, Java Script, Perl, PHP, Visual Basic
Working Experience Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator and
Acrobat; Microsoft Office;
Macromedia Dreamweaver, Shockwave and Flash
Related Abilities Network technology, web design, hardware, computer training
Languages German (native), English (fluent), Chinese/Mandarin (intermediate)
Hobbies Scuba diving (PADI Rescue Diver), Wing Tsun Kung Fu, Yoga, Photography
Others Traveled extensively in Asia (
Mobility willing to relocate internationally